DATAMINERS DELIGHTS

Monday, June 24, 2013

Aaaarr! Treasure!

there is a treasure hunt up in Sonairte soon. My wife asked me to make some treasure for the hunt. I was going to make little animals and insects and leaves. But nothing says treasure like a pile of gold coins! Each coin has a flower on the back then on the other side there is an animal, insect, leaf, tree or seed pod. Sonairte is an ecology centre so it makes sense to have the treasure made up of things that are important to the environment. The coins are made from plaster with gold acrylic paint(non-toxic) but in the future I would like to come up with some simple way to make coins from wood and stamp them with the images or burn or cut the images in. some process that I could hand off to anyone else and they could do it easily. maybe a machine!
These were done quite quickly, I think next time I'd like to sit down and think about the links between the various elements on the coins and have a specific reason for each one to be there.

 I love the look of the coins. They taught me a few things in terms of material, manufacture, tools and calluses!
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment